Motion: To open the public hearing.
After the public hearing-
Motion: To close the public hearing.
Motion: To approve the following resolution:
HEARING FOR APPLICATION FOR I.F.E.C.
(ACT 198) FOR Cellulose Material Solutions, LLC,
2472 Port Sheldon Street, Jenison, MI, 49428,
P.P. # 70-14-21-400-075 and P.P. # 70-14-28-200-039
Whereas, Act 198 of the Michigan Public Acts of 1974, as amended, authorized the Township to approve application for industrial facilities exemption certificate; and
Whereas, pursuant to Act 198, and after a duly noticed public hearing held on October 10, 1988, this township established the “Industrial District,” for the property listed below:
Nu-Wool Insulation Company, Inc., 2472 Port Sheldon Street, Jenison, MI, 49428, P.P. # 70-14-21-400-075 and P.P. # 70-14-28-200-039, Jenison, MI, Georgetown Township
Whereas, Cellulose Material Solutions, LLC, hereinafter referred to as “applicant”, has filed an application for an industrial facilities exemption certificate under the provisions of Act 198 and this township set August 23, 2021, at 7:00 PM or after, local time, as the time to give the Township Assessor and a representative of each affected taxing unit an opportunity to be heard regarding said application as amended; and
Whereas, written notification of this hearing has been given to the Township Assessor and to the legislative body of each taxing unit which levies ad valorem taxes within the township; and
Whereas, the Township Assessor and a representative of the affected taxing units have been given an opportunity to be heard with regard to the approval of an industrial facility exemption certificate for the applicant; and
Whereas, there were no objections to the approval of the industrial facilities exemption certificate at the meeting held on August 23, 2021,
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED, by the Township Board of Georgetown Charter Township as follows:
1. That this Township Board finds:
- The proposed facility is located within an industrial development district which was duly established in Georgetown Township upon request or on the Township’s own initiative, taken before commencement of the restoration, replacement, or construction of the facility.
- That completion of the facility shall not have the effect of transferring employment from another community within the State of Michigan to Georgetown Charter Township.
- That the aggregate State Equalized Value of real and personal property exempt from ad valorem taxes under Act 198 does not exceed 5% of the total State Equalized Value of the township plus the State Equalized Value of real and personal property thus exempted.
- That the granting of industrial facilities exemption certificate, considered together with the aggregate amount of industrial facilities exemption certificates previously granted and currently in force, shall not have the effect of substantially impeding the operation of the township of impairing the financial soundness of a taxing unit which levied an ad valorem property tax in the township.
2. That the application of the applicant for an industrial facilities exemption certificate with regard to facilities set forth in the application to be constructed in the district be and is hereby approved for a period of twelve (12) years.
Note: All notices were sent and were published